Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Garth gives Wang a Snow job

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have nothing to contribute to the fiasco happening in New York. Nothing other than, I'm relieved that there can be no more jokes about what the worst-run NHL franchise has to be - there's no doubt the Islanders are now the reigning champs. A couple quotes:

"Snow holds no experience as a general manager, though he has had a desire to be a general manager for some time."

--Wikipedia

Another:

"This is a proud moment for me, a dream come true."

--Garth Snow

I can just imagine the interview in an office someplace with a stuffed grizzly standing beside the desk:

Charles Wang: What qualifies you to be the GM of the Islanders?

Garth Snow: Well, this is kind of a life-long dream for me. I want the job really, really bad.

Charles Wang: I like your passion, Snow. You know, if I were to have that Smith fellow killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.

*****

One more:

"Most importantly, Garth is a man of integrity, someone I trust will work hard, be creative and represent the Islanders with dignity."

--Charles Wang

It's good to learn how important integrity and ethics are to Charles Wang. The guy is as pure as the driven snow.

1 Comments:

Blogger PPP said...

I love that the wikipedia entry originally read:

Garth Snow has no prior experience as a GM except for these past four minutes.

I wonder what Wang was thinking. I know that Isaiah must be feeling pretty smart right about now.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Random The Simpsons Quotes